Who to advise after changing your name

Notify organizations of Your New Legal Name Change in the UK

Who to advise after changing your name

Changing your name is an exciting new chapter!

However, it also involves some important admin to ensure your new identity aligns across records. At Deed Poll UK, we’re here to help guide you on announcing your new name.

Upon finalising a name change through a legal Deed Poll with us, notify key record-holders. Most will need to view the original documents or a certified copy to amend their systems, available through our archive service. Photocopies typically suffice for others.

For children, provide consent letters from parents or guardians submitted during the Deed Poll process. This protects all parties.

Below are common entities to inform about your shiny new name!

Employers – Update payroll and personnel files

HRMC – For income tax and national insurance adjustments

Schools and universities – Revise enrollment information

Doctors, dentists, opticians – Healthcare needs updating!

DVLA – New names on driving licences and logbooks

Passport Office – New passports carry new identities

Banks and lenders – Mortgages, loans, credit cards, savings

Utilities – Gas, electricity, water companies need contacting

Phone, TV, broadband – Update contracts and subscriptions

The council – For council tax and electoral rolls

Insurance providers – Home, life, health and motor policies

Pension schemes – Retirement plans need amending

And more! Royal Mail, credit agencies, store cards, the DWP…

While birth certificates remain unchanged, our guidance explains options. Updating records helps cement your new name everywhere it matters.

We’re ready to demystify the admin required to announce your name change properly.

Contact Deed Poll UK today!





Are you ready?

offer price deed poll
Only: £29.95